Sunday, August 30, 2009

no longer on my deathbed!!!

So I was very sick this past week...quite possibly the sickest I've been in a long time. I'll spare you the details--I'm feeling almost 100% better! I made it out a bit this weekend with friends which was nice. The weather has been so warm and beautiful I think that also helped to cure me.

I went to a park yesterday that basically was a big manmade lake surrounded by crappy grass and dead trees, but all the Argentines seem to just loooove it. They all bring chairs/tables as if it's the beach and suntan in bikinis or shorts!

I miss real nature, but I love the city and my neighborhood is really growing on me. At first I didn't like it, but every day I fall more and more in love with it! We are literally right next door to the Congress building which makes for a loud environment(especially with several LOUD protests per week) but it really is a lovely part of the city. There's a plaza in front of the Congress building with a huge fountain and lots of carts and people relaxing...today my friend Adrienne and I walked around to enjoy the afternoon and we just couldn't stop talking about how much we love it! ( :

I bought a camera on Monday and will add photos soon! (For some reason my computer isn't recognizing SD cards...anyone have advice?)


Miss everyone very much!

Besos,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment