Saturday, August 8, 2009

lately...

Hola! Nothing too exciting to report...I went to new classes this week, in Spanish instead of English like the first week, which was definitely the right decision. Now I am taking a Spanish language class (the same), a contemporary Argentine literature class, and 2 other Argentine sociology classes. One is called Argentina, Sociedad Abierta (Open Society) and the other is Tradiciones y Culturas de Argentina. I'm happy I switched, and the sociology classes seem like they will be very interesting!

I've been going out a bit, to "boliches" which is what they call night/dance clubs here. Lots of fun, lots of dancing. I see very few people really drunk out here in Buenos Aires which is definitely different than at home.

My first roommate, Ashley, moved out last week. I was sad because she was really cool but heaps new people have moved to the residencia which is nice. There are people from Spain, France, Germany, Venezuela, England, Australia and Argentina...and I like everyone a lot for the most part! I have a new roommate as well, from OZ!!! She is just here for a month, but is nice and we get along well.

Tonight our program is having a welcome party for everyone (free drinks!) which should be fun.

My friends finally posted some pictures from Barioloche on facebook, so here are some highlights!














I feel like I have no idea what is going on at home!! Give me updates!

chau! xx lots of love

julia

No comments:

Post a Comment